I love reading the 'things I would tell my 16 year old self' stories.
They always have me nodding my head up in down going 'ah ha, ah ha', like a crazy person.
Recently, I thought I would have a stern talk to my teenage self...
I scrapped this after five minutes...what do you tell a 16 year old goody goody at an all girls boarding school in the early 90's?...
Socks and dress shoes...the look will not take off. A boy that decorates his letters (I know, how 90's) with highlighter and is barely literate is probably not a keeper. Hanson and Jewel, did they even exist? Don't bother keeping your cassingles, you won't have anything to play then in."
I decided I would be better off having a stern talk to myself...now.
This could/will be lengthy so I have been considerate and compiled a dot pointed list of completely random things I should know by now
- It's OK that you still don't know how to demist a car, wiping the windscreen with a sock and holding your breath is fine
- Your not a very good speller but really enjoy grammar: nerdy but true, I mean who falls off of a ladder........it drives me nuts
- You may not know how many days there are in any given month, or when the seasons change but you always remember bin day, good girl
- It's OK to be scared of the dark, but you got smart and bought an ensemble bed...you only need to keep an eye out for skinny monsters covered in lint now
- Paint swatches are made by people with a sense of humour
- Listen to your mother, she may not seen right at the time...but she will be!
- You will always have low key road rage at slow motorists, caravans, road works and people that still don't know how to give way or use round a bouts...hello, give way to your right people!
- Occasionally you refer to Facebook as "The Facebook"... just like an old person
- You will always let out a little snort when you laugh, someone will always say "you snorted" and you will always say "I know"
- Google+, you didn't get it 6 months ago, I doubt your gonna get it now...let it go already
- Siri will never be your friend. She is a smarty pants and occasionally you will have odd conversations with her to try and prove a point. The cat thinks this is weird but doesn't interrupt, just gives you 'the look' and continues licking her butt
- You will never gain control of your hair. Live with it. Cow licks and fringes don't mix, you did learn that the hard way
- Your sister is the funniest person you know because your sense of humour is so alike/stupid.....stop it I like it!! (Just for you sis!)
- You always try and see the good in people even if you to smother the desire to put a pillow over their head every time you see them
- Extra chewing gum V's your gastrointestinal system = full alert....just chew a mint, please
If you could compile a list and present it yourself tomorrow, what would it say, serious or otherwise?
My one serious addition: Do not ever start smoking.....because ending it will be the hardest thing ever!
In other news...the builder is definitely coming tomorrow........fingers/toes/legs/eyes crossed!