Thursday, 6 September 2012

Happy Camper

I’m writing this post with a tremble of anticipation
 
A very small, barely noticeable tremble…naked to the human eye even
 
Unless your a camper. 

 Full stop
 
I am due to wake bright eyed and bushy haired tailed tomorrow morning, packed and ready to camp out in the open, under the stars, in a swag, outside, in a big wide open dark space not surrounded by walls and doors and locks and night lights and be eaten alive by rates/dingos/pigs…stared at by horned beasties (cows) while I pee, keeping an eagle out for spiky grass…before I pee………………..for two whole nights.
 
Oh yes I’m a camper from way back
 
Can’t you tell
 
Sleeping under the stars should be a relaxing, lovely experience.
 
I envision it somewhat like this
 
imagesCA8CE99H

Snort
 
Any camper knows that the reality will be more like this

IMG_0182

A DIY bush pig  (sorry Aussies,  I know this is normally derogatory slang for “lady with few teeth wearing flannelette and no bra” but welcome to my world), swags, tinned food, headlights, a healthy fear of dingo’s, a father who is 88.999% deaf without hearing aids who will not hear my frantic “wake up, wake up”’s followed by even more frantic head darting…with head lamp on…towards the crunch I heard in the bushes that know is not a cow but a dingo….or a man driving a covered tray back.
 
Google Wolf Creek the movie
 
And never sleep again.
 
I don’t mind ‘roughing’ it…I’m pretty low maintenance…I’ve peed behind, in front of and in lue of a bush before, I can handle a bird bath to keep me going for 48 hours, I love the stars, no traffic, no phone, no computer and my dad for company
 
I just hate the dark.
 
This scaredy cat will update you…hopefully Winking smile in 72 hours
 
After a hot shower and reacquainting myself with the couch.

3 comments:

  1. I am an avid night sky watcher! Whatever kind of camping you do is worth a beautiful night sky! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to meet you Sara!
    I like your style...fun.
    Love your blog header,
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Love the 'Bush Pig', have met a few in my time but none that could cook such a yummy feast!! Glad you enjoyed your trip and wish I could have come along to see all the bush flowers out there!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes my day. Comments make a bloggers world go 'round and 'round so thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hi!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...