Thursday, 27 September 2012

DIY light shade and an awkward space.

 

My house has fifteen sets of  windows.

For a small, two bedroom house...that equates to a lot of glass and not much wall space. 


Of course I clean said windows roughly every ninety days.......  It's marked on my cleaning schedule calendar, right below debugging the ceiling fan lights, buffing the shower grout and collecting my dryer lint for fire starters...

Yea, I'm kidding

Along with the teeny amount of wall space is an awkward 'hallway' that joins the two bedrooms and bathroom off the lounge room.
 
    
 
The bathroom is to the left, my bedroom is to the bottom of the picture, the spare room to the top and lounge to the right.  
 
I painted it white, scraped off about ten years of dust bunnies from the polished hardwood floor...I swear those things can fossilise before you know it...and stuck up some prints and cheapo cardboard letters.
 
F is for Flo Flo the wonder dog and S is for Skittles the crazy cat.  
 
They like to occasionally wander into the hallway and gaze at their art...their cultured like that...
 
 
 
 
Because it's such a small, plain space I play around with the light 'shades'...oh about every week.  
 
Currently it's a rusty pipe outlet cover that 'came with the house'...  
 
I like to get the most out of my mortgage!
 
 
 
 
My other favourite is a wire hanging planter that I scored from my neighbours.
 
I like to think that some day I will add a shelf system to the wall for books and another avenue to display all my stuff.

Until then I'm searching for another rusty relic to hang from the light. 

Cause I'm cheap...

And you seriously cannot buy a light shade where I live! 


Sharing at

 

4 comments:

  1. I like the planter lightshade! It looks very textural. Keep on planning - you've got some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecilia, I've got to stop planning and start doing!

      Delete
  2. Cute! I think you did a great job with your space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill, it makes me smile as I exit the 'facilities'!

      Delete

Hearing from you makes my day. Comments make a bloggers world go 'round and 'round so thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hi!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...