Monday, 20 August 2012

Home Country





Do you ever have days when you wish you lived somewhere else?

Somewhere different.

Better.

New.

I had that feeling over the weekend.

I was frustrated by how far I lived from a 'big town'.

I wanted a weekend where I could buy a paper and a coffee at breakfast instead of waiting until 10am, to window shop, see a movie and be surrounded by strangers.  To see new things, people and ideas.

It sounds silly and selfish now but at the time...

I went for a long walk yesterday.

The sun was setting through the clouds, cockatoos flying to roost, the smell of Sunday mown lawn and the choof choof of sprinklers.

When I got home, my elderly neighbour had left a dozen baby blue chook eggs on the top step.

I smiled.

This is why I live here.

I may get frustrated and have a whinge from time to time but that is a choice. 

These photos where taken by myself and family.  I wanted to share a small glimpse of home.

Why I live where I love...

And mostly love it.



 Car grave yard.



 It's amazing where things grow.  Desert flowers on a sand dune.


 The sky after a sun shower.


 My neices entertaining themselves in the back of the toyota while mum and dad work.


 The daintiest white flower taking on wiry grass and cracked red soil.


A haybale xmas tree on the main road.  It lit up at night.


 The barest paddock I've ever seen fenced off.


 The most amazing colours.


Native flower with winged open pods.



2 comments:

  1. So different from where I live in Tasmania where its muddy and green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tassie is just beautiful, hope your enjoying those cherries!

      Delete

Hearing from you makes my day. Comments make a bloggers world go 'round and 'round so thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hi!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...