Thursday, 2 August 2012

Chair rehab

I have a bower bird in my yard and he is the best kind of DIYer.  He tries to make his nest oh so pretty by making do with what he has.

He also mimics cat fight noises and the postman's bike.........I get confused a lot.

I can relate to the bower bird... my cat noises aren't as good but I keep persisting...the neighbours are worried.

I like a lot of things, rescuing them, keeping them and thinking about how to make my nest nicer.

Like chairs.

At last count I had 21 ways to seat myself in my house and surrounds......

And I only have one butt...

For real!



This glamorous stool...be very, very careful what you wish for when googling stool... was rescued from The Shed.  It's held together with lead paint and splinters. 

I like it.  It's sturdy.  The paint chips all over the place, it's caster wheels scratch the hard wood floors but it holds my weight when I change light bulbs and dust the ceiling fans.

It's ugly but useful. 


Exhibit B.  This beauty is also sturdy, lead based...and needing some love.

I don't want to talk out of school, but it's also a finger pincher. 

I want my workhorses to by shiny again, useful and pretty.

Do I paint them a solid colour, dip the legs, dip the seat, make them classy and timeless or fun and easily changeable?

I just want to use my sander...I live on the edge, lead paint do your worst.

In my dreams I want these but my budget says 'hello!"  $400 for three, plus postage because nothing exists beyond pine furniture in my part of the world.

Pine is fine...if your a tree.

Until then I'm swinging towards a solid colour.  I don't do chippy paint or distressed or shabby.  I'm not trendy.  Colour is fun but on things like walls and pillows..........don't get me started on pillows. 
 
My butt wants better options.  What would you suggest? 

Linking to
The 36th Avenue  House of Hepworths  The Shabby Creek   Thistlewood Farm Not Just A Housewife Tip Junkie handmade projects

6 comments:

  1. I have a pair of steel chairs just like your blue one, however I am so in love with their weathered look I can't bear to change them yet! However when I do... I will probably go for something glossy and bright as my home is crying out for some colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, to paint or not, but I do think I need glossy!

      Delete
  2. I found a similar metal chair at the thrift store recently! But I like it a little crusty! Any fun color would look amazing on these gals! Go bold and they'll shine! Thanks for linking up!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dip the stool ... dip the stool! Something fun ... like black with silver legs. I saw one on Pinterest and it's super cool (or maybe I was just drawn in to her fabulous photography) ...

    http://pinterest.com/pin/187814246930998505/

    Thanks so much for linking up at our linky party!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like it! And have big time photo envy!

      Delete

Hearing from you makes my day. Comments make a bloggers world go 'round and 'round so thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hi!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...